Happy pumpkin season!! As the summer passes and we’re settling back into a more normal routine I find myself spending more time in the kitchen. I had to share my newest addiction Pumpkin Whoopie pies with Cream Cheese Icing.
If you love pumpkin spice flavor you will be in sandwich cookie heaven!
These little fall delights are so soft, they are the perfect cross between cookies and cake, but called a pie… and let’s be honest here it’s really a dessert sandwich.
Pumpkin cookies are really to die for, just the perfect hint of pumpkin. My new Breville Handy Mix Scraper™ comes with 3 sets of beaters- scraper beaters (no more bowl clanking or flower lumps stuck to the bowl), balloon whisk, and dough hook, and because of the Beater IQ™ feature, it knows which beaters you’re using it automatically adjusts to suit what you’re mixing. Giving you the most fluffy Pumpkin Whoopie Pies ever!
How to Make the Most Fluffy Pumpkin Whoopie Pies Ever
- Gather your ingredients. You will need the following:
- unsalted butter
- brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- pureed pumpkin
- all- purpose flour
- baking powder
- pumpkin pie spice
- cream cheese
- powdered sugar
- maple syrup
- Gather your baking tools. You will need a mixer, tablespoon, teaspoon, scoop, parchment paper, baking sheet, large bowl, and a rubber spatula.
- Cream together the butter, sugar, and pumpkin then mix in dry ingredients.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper and scoop dollops of whoopie pie mixture onto the pan.
- Bake in a 350-degree oven for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
- Prepare cream cheese frosting while the cookies bake.
- Remove cookies from the oven and place them on a cooling rack until room temperature.
- Spread a soft pumpkin cookie with cream cheese filling and place another on top to make a sandwich.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator… if they last that long.
Recipe for Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
- ½ cup butter
- 1¼ cups of packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup of canned pumpkin
- 2 cups all- purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ pkg Cream Cheese
- ¼ cup of butter
- 1 cup of icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Mix to combine
- Cream butter and sugar together. Beat in eggs, add vanilla and pumpkin. Mix well.
- Add in baking powder and spices. Mix
- Gradually add in flour, mix just until combined (on speed 3)
- Using a medium scoop (or tablespoon) drop onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 350 deg oven for 10-12 minutes
- Remove from pan and allow to cool completely
- Spread icing on the flat side of one cookie and top with another
- Serve and enjoy!
These little fall morsels are 100% kid approved, they won’t last long!
Since the recipe only calls for 1 cup of pumpkin and there is about triple that amount in a can, you may as well go ahead and double the recipe right away; especially if you have little fingers dipping into the yummy batter!
These Pumpkin Pie Cookies are going to be a great addition to our Thanksgiving lineup. I’ll definitely have the
big little kids running for seconds!