Does your family have an insane birthday month? In my fam between mid July to mid August there are 9 birthdays! Thats a lot of candles, and partying going down!!
I need a secret weapon that makes the kids go wild. That bazooka gun = Ice Cream Cake! Do you know of a kid that doesn’t love a cake made of their favourite cool treat, especially one with an extra crunchy cookie crust?!
Have you bought an ice cream cake at DQ lately? Yeah kiss $40 bucks good-bye (9 times over, umm no thanks). So I had to give the Presidents Choice Deep Dish Watermelon Ice Cream Cake a try, and let me tell you–> BIG hit!!
I tweaked the recipe a tiny bit to suit our family, so you can whip this delicious summer dessert together in a snap.
You will need :
- 2 tubs Presidents Choice Watermelon Crunch Ice Cream (or another Ice Cream Shop Flavour that suits you)
- 2 packages of Presidents Choice Eat The Middle First Cookies
- 1 Can of Cool Whip
- 1 cup of small chocolate chips (optional)
- Food Processor (or a bag and a rolling pin, if you have to manually crush the cookies)
- 9″ Spring Form Pan (you could also make these in a deep dish pan, and serve as a square)
How to make Watermelon Ice Cream Cake
- Place ice cream in the refrigerator for 1 hour or until soft.
- Put cookies in food processor; pulse until fine crumbs (or place in a bag, and bang with a rolling pin) Press crumbs into bottom and up side of 9-inch springform pan. Use the back of a tablespoon to press into place. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Add chocolate chips to ice cream if desired. Scrape softened ice cream into cookie crust. Gently shake the pan side to side to remove any air pockets. Smooth top with the back of a spoon or spatula; place in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Remove cake from freezer; top with cool whip and sprinkles. Return to freezer for 4 to 6 hours or overnight until frozen. Before serving, let sit at room temperature for 5 to 10 minutes.
Serve, and watch the hot summer faces turn to smiles! But gobble it up quick before it melts away… or just because you might want to the first in line for seconds!
The best part about this yummy summer dessert, it only cost about $15 to make! I can’t wait to try other ice cream combinations.
Be sure to visit the Presidents Choice website to keep up to date on new products, delicious recipe ideas, and great deals.