Skip over to the dollar store to grab some wooden spoons because these kids’ Christmas crafts will keep them busy for hours!
Wooden Spoon Kids Christmas Crafts
I’m always trying to come up with kids’ Christmas Crafts to keep them entertained over the holidays.
Learn how to this wooden spoon craft for kids by watching this video
Supplies to make a wooden spoon kids Christmas craft:
- dollar store or IKEA wooden spoon
- mop Head (dollar store)
- red felt
- pom poms
- pipe cleaners
- air dry clay
- ribbon or yarn
- white and orange paint and brush
- wood beads
- permanent black pen or marker
- hot glue gun
How to make a wooden spoon Santa
- Cut strands from the mop head approx 3-4″ long.
- Fold a piece of red felt in half, use the end of the spoon as a guide to cut a hat-shaped triangle, giving you two pieces.
- Hot glue the edges of the triangle together, leaving the bottom open.
- Stuff the hat with a piece of newspaper.
- Apply hot glue inside the open edge of the hat and place it on the large end of the wooden spoon.
- Use the strands of the mop to create a beard by hot-gluing it directly onto the backside of the spoon. Glue on a few strands into a ‘u’ shape for a mustache.
- Cut longer strands of mop strings to make a fuzzy brim for Santa’s hat. Leave the ends long so they can be hot glued to the opposite side of the spoon.
- Use a wood bead for a nose, and the black marker to draw on eyes.
How to make a wooden spoon Snowman
- Paint the backside of a wooden spoon white, and allow it to dry.
- Make a triangle shape from air dry clay and allow it to dry (or put in a 200-degree oven until it turns white). Paint with orange paint.
- Cut a pipe cleaner in half. Hot glue the pipe cleaner onto the large end along the edge of the spoon.
- Cover the ends of the pipe cleaner with pom-poms to make earmuffs.
- Tie a ribbon around the handle of the spoon for a scarf.
- Use the black marker to draw on eyes and a cute smile!
Isn’t this a fun Kids Christmas Craft?! You can help but smile at these little guys! Have your child write their name and year on the back of the wooden spoon.
This wooden spoon kids Christmas craft makes a great gift for grandparents. Just stick the handle into a poinsettia and have your kid’s craft peek out from behind the leaves.
Looking for more Kids Christmas Crafts ideas? Check these other craft ideas out…
What are your favorite kids Christmas crafts? Let me know in a comment below!