This week my daughter is having some of her gal pals over for a little Christmas party, so I’ve been gearing up some fun Christmas craft ideas that we can make together. Every time I whip out my Instax Camera a.k.a. ‘the magic camera’ the kids are blown away, so I thought it would be fun to incorporate an Instax photo into a kids holiday photo craft for them.
Plus, since I know you’re dying to get your hands on some Instax gear be sure to enter to WIN a prize pack at the bottom of this post, 3 prizes to be won!
Last summer I created a similar craft for a demo I did (see it here). However it was created for adults and a bit too many steps for the 6 year olds that will be making these. Since string art can be as easy or difficult as you desire, I thought it would be the perfect addition to a photo art piece that the kids could make themselves.
To create this Kids Holiday Photo Craft you will need:
- 1 x 6″ spruce (you can have this cut at the Home Depot to desired lengths. Small 1 photo boards are 8″ long, and the larger piece 15″ long).
- Small finishing nails + hammer
- Instax Camera or Instax SHARE printer
- Crochet thread
- Instax Sentiment Pegs and Frame Stickers
- Lightly pencil in your tree triangle on the board. Hammer nails into desired points leaving them raised from the surface.
- Tie the crochet string to a nail to start, and allow the children to travel the string from nail to nail creating a pattern.
- Tie off the string on a nail to end.
For a single picture hot glue a photo clip to display an Instax, or hammer in two additional nails to string a clothesline for multiple photos to hang.
Won’t the kiddos love creating a personalized Christmas craft? I bet Grandma would love to receive a little photo gift like this!
Disclaimer- I have created this project in partnership with FUJIFILM. All ideas, and opinions are 100% my own. This post may contain affiliate links.
Lets get creating with Instax together!