Want your little girl looking sharp until the end of the school day? Check out these 5 Minute School Day Hair Styles.
There are lots of sweet hairdo ideas out there for your little one. Let’s be real… your girl is sweet with a giant bow of hair, but school days aren’t for hair masterpieces. Most importantly fancy hairdos just don’t stay in!
Watch this quick video how to put in these quick school day hairstyles.
I came up with these and tested these School Day Hair Styles. Each one is easy to do, and quick (to help with the morning time crunch)!
Hair Tips for Little Girls
- Treat the hair as two sections, front and back. Pulling hair into a ponytail is easy, but by the end of the day, she’ll come home looking like there was a hair massacre.
- For successful stay in hair you will need- no slip elastics in various sizes, a standard and fishtail comb, and Goody brand barrettes for young girls.
- At the end of the day use small scissors to cut out the no slip elastics. This will prevent breaking delicate hairs and save a lot of tears.
- To master these easy hair dos you don’t need many skills but I would suggest learning to do a basic 3 strand braid. I personally find a french braid stay in best, but it takes a bit more time to do/learn.
- Brush long hair out before bed. There may be a few small snarls when she wakes up, but having the biggest part of the battle somewhat smooth will make your morning routine much easier in the AM… trust me.
5 Minute Hairstyles for School
Start with the basic foundation:
Part the hair evenly and tie the front of the hair into two small pigtails. Tie all the hair back into a ponytail. A pony at the nape of the neck stays in best.
Next up is braid pigtails with barrettes, this is our go to quick do. Best suited for non hat days, as the front can get fly aways.
A simple modification to the pigtail braids is to use small claw barrettes to clip them up. My daughter feels like a princess with this hair style.
From the foundation font, pick up small sections of hair and tie back, working down the length of the hair. This hairdo is the best for under a winter hat.
Easily modify this hairdo by braiding the tail.
Next, try braiding the small front pieces, secure with an elastic, then tie the braid strands in a knot and pull back into a ponytail. Feel free to remove the braid elastics at this point.
Braid the end, for a different look. Notice a pattern?
Skip the middle man and go right into a braid.
Try criss-crossing the front sections of hair to create an ‘X’ in the back. Very simple trick and yet looks like you spent loads of time on it.
Tip: Have a claw clip handy to hold the hair you’re not working with to the side.
Then braid the pigtails for a moderation!
Part the front of the hair into 3 sections rather than two. From here you can try any of the above hairdos and again achieve a different look.
Try a side pony with this one, great for picture day!
Or braid the three sections.
How do you feel about those 5 minute hairstyles for school?
From these suggestions you can get two weeks of school day hair styles without repeating the same one twice!
These hairdos can be achieved with only a few simple steps. Your little one will be off to school with super cute hair that will last the whole day through!
Do you have a quick and easy solution for school day hair? I’d love to see and learn. Stop by the Fynes Designs Facebook page and show me a pic!
Favourite Girls Hair Accessories:
- Non Slip Elastics in Various Sizes
- Ouchless Elastics
- Tiny Claw Barrettes
- Cute Claw Clips
- Fun Bingers
- Colorful Elastics
- Fishtail Comb
- Wet Brush
Check out these other popular posts:
What are some of your favorite 5 minute hairstyles? Let me know in a comment below!