I shopped for a heart shaped wreath but like other wreath forms they are crazy expensive (and some hardly heart shaped). Let me show you how to make a heart shaped wreath form for less than $2!
Watch this quick video to see how easy it is to make a heart wreath
You will need the following supplies for this heart shaped wreath form:
- 1 wire coat hanger
- 1 small pipe insulator (with adhesive if possible, that is what the yellow strip is in the photo). Available in the plumbing section.
- Duct tape
How To Make a Heart-Shaped Wreath Form
- Bend the wire coat hanger into a heart shape. Done mostly with your hands but having a pair of pliers to bend the neck down and then back up makes it easier. Use the pliers to bend the hook into a circle for hanging the finished wreath.
- Cut the pipe insulator in half. Wrap half on the first side of the hanger, with the seam to the outside. Remove the adhesive strip and stick the seam together. Do the same to the other side.
- Using the scissors cut a 45 degree angle from the bottom edge of each side of the pipe insulator. This will allow the foam to fit together to make the point of the heart.
- Wrap the top and bottom of the heart with a few strips of duct tape to hold the pieces together.
Check out this tutorial to learn how to make a pom pom
Alternatively these pom pom makers from Amazon work like a charm!
Once you create a wreath form and a stack of pom poms (make about 35 medium size ones) tie them directly to the form with the centre string, too easy, right?!
When wreath forms are this cheap to make you might become addicted to wreath making!
Doesn’t it look super fun? A really inexpensive Valentine’s Day Wreath idea!
Looking for more Valentines crafts?
Check out these other awesome ideas you could make with the heart shaped wreath form.
Have you made a heart shaped wreath before? Let me know in a comment below!