Cupid season is only a month away, and we’re getting ready for Valentine’s Day around our house. You know this wreath loving fool needs a lovely number to adorn the door so a Valentine’s wreath was in order! I shopped for a heart shaped wreath but like all others they are crazy expensive (and some hardly heart shaped), today I’m going to share how to make a heart shaped wreath form on the cheap!
How To Make a Heart Shaped Wreath
You will need the following supplies for this heart shaped wreath form:
- 1 Wire coat hanger
- 1 small pipe insulator (with adhesive if possible, that is what the yellow strip is in the photo). Available in the plumbing section.
- Duct tape
- Bend the wire coat hanger into a heart shape. Done mostly with your hands but having a pair of pliers to bend the neck down and then back up makes it easier. Use the pliers to bend the hook into a circle for hanging the finished wreath.
- Cut the pipe insulator in half. Wrap half on the first side of the hanger, with the seam to the outside. Remove the adhesive strip and stick the seam together. Do the same to the other side.
- Using the scissors cut a 45 degree angle from the bottom edge of each side of the pipe insulator. This will allow the foam to fit together to make the point of the heart.
- Wrap the top and bottom of the heart with a few strips of duct tape to hold the pieces together.
Remember the pom pom tutorial from last week? Here is what I did with all those pretty Valentines pom poms…
Once you create your pom poms and the heart shaped wreath form you just need to tie the pom poms directly to the form with the centre string, too easy, right?!
When wreath forms are this cheap to make you might become addicted to wreath making like me!
Doesn’t it look super fun? A really inexpensive Valentine’s Day Wreath idea
Looking for more heart shaped inspiration? Check out these other awesome ideas you could make with the heart shaped wreath form.
Thanks for stopping by for this heart shaped wreath tutorial, I’d LOVE to see what you create with it.
Lets connect on Facebook, click below to become a Fynes Follower!