Have you tried making your own DIY bottle brush trees?! Creating these from unique materials such as yarn, twine, garland, and nylon rope, you’ll be sure to have a unique collection of Christmas trees and save a bundle!
Bottle Brush Trees
DIY Bottle Brush Tree Supplies:
- Pliers (with wire snippers at the base)
- Wire (18-20 gauge)
- Yarn, twine, garland, or rope
- Wine cork
Gather your materials and watch this tutorial video…
How to Make…
- Cut strands of nylon rope, untwist it a bit but don’t feel you have to go crazy it will separate a bit when you twirl it.
- Cut a length of wire, fold it in half and slip over the pile of rope
- Pinch the end of the wire with pliers and give a few twists. Pinching the wire firmly twist the tree with your opposite hand, until it feels tight. Make sure the stump is well twisted. At this point, it will look terrible, like a fat pom-pom.
- Trim the tree into a triangle shape.
- Cut a wine cork in half, poke the wire into the cork to stand your tree.
Rather than cutting strips when using yarn, twine, string or garland you can wrap it around a glass and slide it off. Alternatively, you can create a tree form from cardboard as demonstrated in the video above.
Have a look at the DIY Bottle Brush Trees using Different Materials
How to display…
Use your handmade Christmas trees in a variety of ways. Use them to decorate a snowy Christmas village, on a kitchen shelf (like in this post), on the back of a vintage toy truck, tie a bow around on a gift, even use them as decorations on a tree!
The yarn trees are the easiest to shape and what a perfect way to use up scrap pieces of yarn leftover from other projects!
If you like this DIY project, you’ll probably love these 99¢ trees too!
Like Cheap Christmas ideas like these trees? You’ll love this 1-hour Beginner Cowl, makes the perfect gift, and NO skills required!
What Christmas craft are you currently loving? Let me know in a comment below!