There are ooooodles of posts online about creating your own DIY bottle brush trees. I thought I’d add to the mess! Creating your trees from unique materials such as yarn, twine, garland, and nylon rope, you’ll be sure to have the coolest trees on the block!
Supplies Needed for your DIY Bottle Brush Trees:
- two pairs of pliers (one with wire snippers),
- wire, yarn, twine, garland, rope,
- a wine cork
- a knife.
Just a few Simple Steps to Create these Awesome Little DIY Bottle Brush Trees:
- Cut strands of rope (mine is nylon, I just used what we had), untwist it a bit but don’t feel you have to go crazy it will separate a bit when you twirl it.
- Cut a length of wire (mine was 18g) fold it in half and slip over your pile of rope
- Pinch each end of your wire with the pliers and give a few twists. You can then drop one pair of pilers and twist with your hand, until you feel it is tight enough. Make sure your stump is well twisted. At this point it will look terrible, like a fat pom pom.
- Trim the tree, cut a wine cork (in a slice for small trees and lengthways for larger trees) poke wire into the cork to stand your tree.
Rather than cutting strips when using yarn, twine, string or garland you can wrap it around a glass and slide it off.
Have a look at the DIY Bottle Brush Trees using Different Materials
The yarn trees were by far the easiest to shape, and what a perfect way to use up scrap pieces.