I love fall decorations that are not only easy to make but don’t cost a lot either! I want to show you how to make No-Sew Fabric Pumpkins. They are a fun craft to make with the kids, you likely already have all of the supplies you need!
No-Sew Fabric Pumpkins
Supplies you’ll need:
- A balloon
- Flour and water paste – equal parts mixed (1cup water 1cup flour)
- Flyers or newspaper ripped into strips
- Hot glue gun
- Tree branch to be used as a stem
Watch this video to see how to make no-sew fabric pumpkins
How to Make No-Sew Fabric Pumpkins
- Make a paper-mâché covered balloon the desired shape and size of your pumpkin. Use one part flour to water and mix to make a glue. Cover with strips of newspaper adding a couple of layers to the balloon.
- Allow drying overnight. The balloon should be firm to the touch, not tacky.
- Start with a piece of fabric that will meet in the middle when wrapped around your balloon.
- Hot glue each of the sides to the center of the balloon.
- Now, hot glue each of the four corners to the center, folding under as you go, to create neat pleats.
- Hot glue a small piece of a branch to the top for a stem.
These fabric pumpkins are such a cute piece of fall decor, that can be used year after year! I just love these Rifle Paper patterns, a splash of untraditional colour can be so fun!
Incorporate these little pumpkin decorations in with solid colour pumpkins and squash for a fun accent!
I love the fabrics used for this collection of little pumpkins, these ones from Flamingo Toes are my absolute favourite fall pumpkins.
Check out some of these other Fall Decorating Ideas
Have you made no-sew fabric pumpkins before? What fall craft are you currently working on? Let me know in a comment below!