Let’s make an easy DIY Winter Doormat with a bit of paint and a touch of humor! I say this is a funny doormat but snow days bring sloppy floors… nobody like wet socks, am I right?!
How to Make a Winter Doormat
- Download the free welcome mat SVG to use with your Cricut or Silhouette.
- Cut the stencil from adhesive vinyl and weed out the letters and snowflakes, leaving the negative of the design.
- Adhere the vinyl to a doormat. Note that the vinyl doesn’t actually stick well.
- Use painter’s tape to mask off the areas you don’t want paint.
- Use Spray paint to fill in the letters. (I used a stencil brush and interior paint to do the snowflakes but wished in the end that I had used spray paint as well).
- Allow the paint to dry
If you’re anything like me, snowy boots in your house are enough to drive you mad. You might need this DIY doormat!
This DIY Welcome mat is so easy to make! I used a inexpensive coir mat from IKEA, a painted door mat would make a fun gift idea.
Click below to download your FREE winter welcome mat SVG file.
Thats not it, today I am joining a group of crafty designers to bring you 15 snow theme projects that will get you through the whole winter! Click on the links below the image to add all these free SVG files to your library.
- Let it snow… Somewhere else! – We Can Make That!
- Don’t Let It Snow – seeLINDSAY
- Snow Cool SVG File – Printable Crush
- Snow Day Calories Don’t Count – Kelly Leigh Creates
- “I Smell Snow” Snow Globe – Hello Creative Family
- Snow Mat – Fynes Designs
- Winter Wonderland – Everyday Party Magazine
- There’s Snow Place Like Gnome – The Girl Creative
- Let it Snow – Try it – Like it – Create it
- Up to Snow Good – Artsy-Fartsy Mama
- I’m Snow Cute – Leap of Faith Crafting
- 3D snowflakes – Liz on Call
- Welcome Snowflake Porch Sign – Happy Go Lucky
- I’m So Freaking Cold – Cutting Machine Crafting
Have you made a winter doormat before? Let me know in a comment below!