If you have a little girl in your life you know Disney Princesses! We’re knee deep in Princess, we eat sleep and breathe it actually. When my daughter recently took an interest in puppet play I decided to get out the felt and glue gun and create some fun Disney Princess Puppets for her, now her imagination can run wild to a kingdom far far away.
These Disney Princess Puppets are super easy to make, its a NO SEW project, so if you’re armed with a glue gun, and scissors you’re on your way to some very cute puppet friends! Of course I had to throw in a Prince! How is a felt princess to get married without a knight in shining armor?!
Supplies for the Disney Princess Puppets
- Felt- 1 sheet of each- light pink or peach, hot pink, yellow, green, white, black, purple, blue, light blue, red, brown, light brown. Some of the sheets I used were glittery. I actually prefer those over the plain because it was stiff.
- Hot glue gun and sticks
- Fabric scissors
- Paper/Printer (for the pattern)
- 7 child size socks (cheap tube socks with no heal work perfect)
How to Make the Disney Princess Puppets
- Print pattern pieces from the downloads below. There are 4 sheets in total. Cut the pattern pieces on the outside of the black lines.
- Using a chalk pencil (a pen works too) trace the pieces onto the appropriate sheet of felt. Cut out pieces. Laying them into piles for each puppet as you go.
- Layer the puppets referring to the photos, Hot glue pieces in place. Be sure to not make the bead of glue too heavy. Each puppet starts with the back of the hair, then head (except for Snow White and Cinderella they are dress then head), dress, arms, and accessories. At this point the Princesses will be quite floppy, but don’t worry the sock will support them!
- Use a Sharpie pen (which are super cheap at Costco) to draw on the faces.
- Hot glue the tube sock directly to the back of the felt. Don’t apply glue beyond the bum of the princess. You want the bottom of the dress to be able to lift off the sock.
Aren’t’ these little puppets sweet! So easy anyone can make them!
Now you’ve got some puppet making to do!
Download the Disney Princess Puppet patterns here
This is my first pattern of many patterns to come, should you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask! Be sure to follow Fynes Designs on Facebook!