Sooo… I signed up for an organization blog post with Expressions Vinyl. While I sit scratching my head on what genius idea I should share (I may possibly be the most unorganized person ever) I realized that my best defense in staying organized at work is having something that can cart my junk from point A to point B, this lady needs about 1000 tote bags… cute ones. Otherwise, I end up leaving hoards of stuff on my desk leaving me nowhere to actually work. Today I thought I’d share how to use Deco Foil with Heat Transfer Vinyl to make an irresistibly cute tote bag.
For this deco foil project you will need:
- Tote Bag
- Easy Weed Heat Transfer Adhesive
- Deco Foil
- Electronic cutter and design
- Create and cut your design using your electronic cutter. Tip: Insert the adhesive heat transfer material into the machine with the hard plastic sheet facing the ground.
- Weed the design. If you are having a hard time seeing the design, it helps to hold it against a window or a light table to help see the lines.
- Iron the design onto your fabric for approx 25 seconds. I tried this technique using a few different fabrics. Smooth works best, a heavy weaved fabric does not work well.
- Peel back heat resistant plastic layer. Immediately apply the foil, with the dull side facing the design.
- Using a scraper, rub all over the design (like you’re scratching a lotto ticket).
- Peel back the foil layer to reveal your design.
So easy, right?!!
I really love the shimmer you get from the foil, it isn’t like anything else. I especially love the rose gold with the bo-ho vibe of these bags.
The foil is so thin, it feels like it has been silk screened on… but SO much easier and less time consuming.
I found a smaller design worked better at getting filled completely in. But the best part is, you can keep moving around the foil sheet to a fresh part to fill in more of the design.
What do you think, will you give Deco Foil a try with Expressions Vinyl Heat Transfer Adhesive? It makes a really fun project!
This turned out fantastic! Thanks for choosing our Deco Foil! Would love to send you our Deco Foil Hot Melt Adhesive to work with!
Thank you, so happy you stopped by! You could email me at email@example.com
Jamie Koay says
Love your project!
sonja McLane says
I’ve never worked with the foil. It looks so beautiful and they are some designs i would like to make. I cant bring myself to buy any on my small budget.. I cant afford to mess it up. i love thr bsgs!!!!!!!