Hi, and Welcome to Day no.3 of the 12 Days of Door Decor! Have you had a chance to catch Day#1 and Day #2? Today on the door I have for you a Simple Sparkly little number. This wreath is SO very easy to make but has big punch! It could even be a great project to do with a older child. And… most of the supplies you can find at the dollar store (with exception of the b-eautiful May Arts Ribbon)Please check it out:
How did I make this you ask?
- Wrap a wire ring in sparkly garland.
- Attach Dollar store snowflakes using craft wire.
- Create snowmen/women by impaling 3 styrofoam balls onto a skewer. Paint balls with school glue or Modge Podge and sprinkle with glitter. Bring them to life by adding wire arms, felt mittens, eyes (scrapbooking rhinestones), noses (tiny pom-poms), and scarves (May Arts bakers twine)
- Attach snowmen by separating balls apart a tiny bit. Wrap a length of wire around the skewer, squish balls back together and attach to the wreath frame.
- String bells onto sparkly string and attach to frame.
- Create a Bow using the Bowdabra, and attach. Viola! Simple Sparkly wreath(not to mention oh so cute)
sandy Sandler says
your door designs are awesome!!!