I’m so happy to have been invited to join the one item challenge this year! Each Wednesday in November a group of bloggers will be given one item and are challenged to create a project. This week the item is twigs. I’ve created these easy to make Snowy Twig Homemade Christmas Ornaments.
I actually had some help with this idea! After learning to use the Bow-It-All our exchange student Katharina had the idea to group the twigs and adorn them with one of the cute May Arts Ribbon silk bows.
How to make Snowy Christmas Tree Ornaments
- Snip twigs from a tree approx 8″ long.
- Group 6-8 twigs together wrapping the cut end with a small piece of craft wire approx 1″ down from the top.
- Add a small piece of looped twine for hanging your twig ornaments.
- Cover the wire wraps with a small piece of 2″ Natural Cotton ribbon overlapping on the back side.
- Brush twigs with Mod Podge and sprinkle with white glitter. Hang to dry.
- Once dry, embellish the front side of the twig ornament with a ribbon bow.
These snowy twigs look great dangling on the Christmas tree. They are a really affordable idea for Christmas tree decorations!
These easy to make twig ornaments add simple a rustic touch to your holiday decor!
Please join me next Wednesday to see what the One Item Challenge team is working with next, I can’t wait!
Week One (today)- Twigs
Week Two (Nov. 12)- ?
Week Three (Nov. 19)- ?
Check out these other amazing Twig projects
Driftwood Deer Head Taxidermy by Craftberry Bush
Woodland Wreath by Satori Design for Living
DIY Twig Monogram by The Happy Housie
Twig Christmas Tree Art by AKA Design
Snowy Twig Ornament by Fynes Designs
Twig Heart Art by So Much Better With AgeTags: Christmas, Christmas ornaments, hand made decorations, handmade, rustic, twigs