A coastal-themed kitchen can be both refreshing and comfortable. Take a look at this coastal kitchen mood board and this fresh kitchen style.
The kitchen renovation plans have been in the works for ages. Today I want to share the plan and give you a look at the kitchen mood board. Looking at my kitchen you may be feeling like it isn’t ready for a renovation quite yet, it is certainly livable and not too outdated… after all, my house is only 12 years old.
The Current Kitchen
As you can see the kitchen isn’t aesthetically bad (really just bland and unexciting).
As it would go, deeper wood tones are on their way back ‘in’. Not only is this kitchen dark for my personal style, but I’d also like it to function better while the kids are still young and the kitchen will be in its prime use.
Coastal Kitchen Mood Board
The Kitchen Renovation Plan
- Move Microwave to the pantry. Replace with two long doors
- Larger sink window at counter height
- Remove glass doors above the fridge
- Siletone Counters in Etheral Noctis
- Add a 36″ china cabinet unit for accessible display and storage
- New kitchen island with additional recycyling units and storage cabients on the back
- Emtek knurled cabinet pulls and knobs
- Cast Iron smart divide sink and faucet
- White cabinets repainted
- Generation Lighting Wellfeet penadants
- Legrand Adorne touch switches and modern outlets
- Incudction cook top
- New stools
The Current Pantry
Last year I did a bit of pantry organization to hold us over until we could get to the renovation stage. It served its hold over period, but with the renovation I’m hoping for more closed food storage, give everythign a home, a bigger counter space more of a butler’s pantry that a catch all.
The Pantry Renovation Plan
- Remove all shelving
- Vermont skinny shaker cabinetry from The Door Maker
- Add lower cabinetry and two uppers
- Create a breakfast and coffee station
- Add open shelving
- Replace pocket door with Interbois 6 panel glass door
- Clad walls with birch vertical panles from Interbois
- Add beverage fridge
- Emtek knurled cabinet pulls and knob
Coastal Kitchen Finishes Mood Board
The home I live in is much smaller than those that have been hitting the scene these days. It’s an open concept ranch style bungalow with 8′ ceilings. In an effort to embrace it’s size and not constanly be striving to make it something it’s not, I’m embracing the cozy cottage vibe and adding in some light, airy and colorful coastal touches. Afterall I am on the East coast of Canada, if I can’t run with it, who can?!
Kitchen and Pantry Inspiration
I hope you follow along with my kitchen and pantry renovation. I am posting daily updates over on Instagram.