Howdy Doody folks! As most of you know I’ve been working on a new crafting space for the past few weeks, it seems to be taking much longer than expected, but I want to have everything just so before I do the big reveal. I’ve already shared my color scheme with yous, and this week I want to share some art I’ve been putting together. This Reno is really a champagne taste on a beer (more like Colt 45) budget kind of project, After drywall, flooring, paint and lighting it didn’t leave any wiggle room for decor so I’m in scrimping mode, which to be honest I love! All this week I’m going to be sharing my wall decor ideas. Just sit back and click on (and click that little follow button to the left if you haven’t already).
The pics explain most of what you need to know to create this little masterpiece, but just in case you do text better, follow these instructions:
- Buy cheap scissors. I got mine for 99 cents a package (what a steal!!). Tape off handles with painters tape.
- Dip handles in can of paint, spray paint, or paint with Martha Stewart all surface paint.
- Allow scissors to dry. Carefully remove tape.
- Paint a small board desired color.
- Nail scissors to board with cable nails (loos like a U with pointy ends). Attach a wall hanger to the back side.
I already had the pine board and paint on hand, this project cost was $3!! I love the industrial chic vibe of this piece.
Up next is this oh so easy nail art. I know you’ve probably seen this all over Pinterest but who knew it was so simple!
- Paint a scrap board your desired color.
- Using a pencil, with a light hand draw your desired phrase onto your board.
- With a piercing tool poke holes along your pencil lines. This serves two purposes: you can now erase your pencil lines- and you can rest your nail in the hole without needing to hold it (since they are so small)
- Pound cut tacks or furniture nails into holes. Paint nail heads if desired.
This little ditty cost me about $1!! Can you believe these two pieces come in at under $5!! Wowzers, cheap-o, but big impact, love it!
I hope you’ll join me tomorrow for Day #2 of my Cheap Art Week, you won’t be disappointed!
I’m linking up over at:
OH, super ideas Virginia!! Can’t wait to see the BIG reveal!
This is fabulous! You are a clever Mama! I’m pinning this one!
Hey Virginia, where did you get those scissors? BH?
Yes at Bargain Harley’s! They are right by the door when you walk in, by your feet to the left.
Roeshel S (@DIYShowOff) says
Great ideas! Including a link back in the highlights this week, Virginia. 😉 Thanks so much for sharing your creativity!
Thanks SO much!!
Dingankar mayur says
Great ideas! Delicious Suggestion…