I’m SUPER duper excited that tomorrow morning I’ll be catching a plane to Toronto for Blog Podium!! I’ve been talking about this conference since the spring, I can’t believe it is here already!!
When heading to a conference I always like to take along a little treat to accompany my business cards. I’ve been known to go a bit overboard (like with my tag kits for SNAP), but this time I’m keeping is simple with a No Sew Leather Key Fob, they are so easy to make I had to show you!
Rember back a few months ago when I shared the Leather Camera strap tutorial? Well I mentioned then I was too chicken to cut into the whole hide, and I still haven’t, so I decided to shave a bit more off the edge to make this easy leather key Fob tutorial for you!
How to make a No Sew Leather Key Fob
- A strip of leather measuring 1″ wide by 12″ long
- A hammer
- Leather Rivet kit (available at Michaels)
- A Hole Punch (I have a Crop-a-dile)
- And a key ring
- Cut your leather to size.
- Fold down 2″ from one end, with the scissors cut an ‘L’ shape from both sides of the fold. Cut the tip of the leather into a point or flag (do this by simply folding the tip in half length wise an snip off the corner).
- Fold the opposite end up to meet with the bottom edge of your ‘L’ notch.
- Fold the small end over, sandwiching the square end.
- Punch a hole in the centre through all 3 layers.
- Insert the male side of the leather rivit and snap on the female side.
- Bang with the hammer and the included setter.
- Slide on the metal Key ring.
Super easy and quick craft project.
Don’t they accompany my new Fynes Designs Minted business cards just right?! I know you want one, but you’ll have to be the first in line at Blog Podium, because when they are gone.. you’re just stuck with a piece of paper!
Getting new business cards was on the top of my list when I shared my 5 Must Do Things Before a Blog Conference, it was so nice of Minted to send all the Blog Podium attendees a code for new ones! While you’re at it, you may as well check out the Top 5 Things You’ll Gain from a Blog Conference, there is more in store for you than you think!
I hope to see you at Blog Podium this Saturday at the Fairmont Royal York, Toronto.
Still thinking about it, hurry you can still grab a last minute ticket!
While in Toronto I’m participating in another fun project, and I’d love for you to follow along!
I’ve teamed up with Ford and Value Village for a thrift store tour. A few of my bloggy friends and I will be testing out the new Ford style while cruising around Toronto to various Value Village stores to get our shop on. I love thrifting, so I can imagine this trip is going to be over the top fun! Please follow along to check out our new ride, and all the great treasures we uncover along the way. Be sure to be following me on Instagram and Facebook and check out the hashtag #vvthriftstoretour on Sunday (September 14) to be sure you don’t miss a minute of this fun day.
You might also like
DIY Leather Camera StrapTags: beginner, crafts, easy, leather, no sew