You read it right… $300 Pay Pal Giveaway! I know you’re excited, who wouldn’t want some extra play cash?! But that isn’t all! This pot is oozing with gold, not only are we giving away cash, but we have 15 gold projects to go along with it! Just hop along, leave some love, and you could be rolling in your very own pot of cash!
For you today I have a little No Sew Bow Tie tutorial. It is super easy and if you don’t have a little gent, you can extend the elastic a few inches and it becomes a sweet hairband for your little lady, double whammy!
How to make a No Sew Bow Tie-
You will need:
- Two strips of Ribbon 10″ (I used May Arts Metallic Gold)
- One ribbon 3″ long
- Fusible Interfacing 10″ by the same width as the ribbon and an additional 3: strip
- Matching strip of fusible web,
- Elastic 9″ for a bow 10-11″ for a hairband (I used May Arts 5/8″)
- Hot Glue Gun
- Lighter to singe the ends of the ribbon (optional)
- Lay the interfacing onto the ribbon and iron down. Iron fusible web to the the interfacing, remove paper. Lay second strip of ribbon onto the pile, iron in place. Your ribbon sandwich will now be ridged.
- Iron interfacing onto the 3″ribbon.
- Using the Hot glue fold in each side of the 3″ strip to make it appear narrower.
- Fold each side of the long strip to meet in the centre, hot glue in place.
- Pinch the ribbon in the middle folding the edges to meet on the wrong side.
- Holding the centre in place fold the edges back up to meet the fold. Hot glue between the folds to hold.
- Hot glue the elastic band to the wrong side of the bow
- Glue the 3″ strip to the back side roll around the centre of the bow and hot glue to conceal the elastic.
Cute, little bow tie right?! Sooooo easy to make!
Stand back ladies, take a number!
This no sew bow tie tutorial is perfect for St. Patty’s Day, certain to compliment any little leprechaun or leprechauness!
Don’t my little Irish cuties look great in their gold accessories?!
These bows makes a great birthday gift, baby shower idea (just cut the pieces all a bit smaller), or just to deck out you sweeties!
Get more “golden” inspiration from these 14 other talented ladies:
From left to right, they are:
DIY Gold Polka Dot Mug & Irish Coffee Recipe from A Pretty Life in the Suburbs
How To Take Pictures During The “Golden Hour” by Lindsay Faber Photography
Gold Lettered Vintage Plates by The Sweet Escape
“Don’t Miss The Colours of the Rainbow” Printable by Clean and Scentsible
Gold Dipped Kitchen Utensils by Echoes of Laughter
Golden Pencils by The DIY Dreamer
Gold Speckled Eggs by Craftberry Bush
Gold Circle Pendants by Northstory
Kate Spade-inspired Coasters by Suburble
Vintage Key Art by Satori Design for Living
Gold Bow-ties by Fynes Designs (That’s Me)
“Mommy Loves Me” Heat-Transfer Onesie by It Happens In A Blink
Gold-Dipped Tear Drop Earrings by Happy Go Lucky
Gold-and-Black Layered Bracelet by Happy Hour Projects
DIY Gold and Silver Key Fob by 4 You With Love
All that is pretty rad, but here is the best part!
Enter Here to WIN $300 Pay Pal COLD HARD CASH!!
Still haven’t seen enough gold?
Check out this Gold Polka Dot Toolbox makeover!
The Sweet Escape says
Oh these are super cute! They are perfect for a party photobooth!
WOW Virginia!!! The bows are fabulous!!! Your kids are just too adorable!! Pinned!!!
Ribbons Supplier says
So cute bow tie and your kids too:) It’s very easy to do…Thank you for this tutorial!
These are the cutest Virginia – I love a great no-sew project! And your kids…adorable!
Shauna Oberg says
Adorable, but I think your kids take the cake! How cute are they! Pinning!
Angie@Echoes of Laughter says
Oh my gosh! So very cute! And what adorable little models you have! Have a lovely week! Angie xo
Love this tutorial! So cute!
Lindsay Faber says
No sew = my kind of project. These are adorable and so are your kiddos!
How adorable are these kidlets, Virginia? I love this bowtie tutorial! I know how to make those sweet little bows now! Pinning!
How cute! Love that it’s no sew!
These are so cute! I love the gold twist to the classic bow tie..and now sew! 😀
Love it, so easy to do:)
There are not enough words to express the cuteness in this post. Beautiful kids (and of course the craft!!)
Linda @ it all started with paint says
So darling!!!! And I love your little models!
Pinning for sure! And thanks so much for sharing at the Super Saturday Link Party!
Hope you have a fabulous weekend!
Jillian @ Hi! It's Jilly says
So cute! And you made it sound so easy! Pinning! 🙂