Happy Fall Y’all, it’s wreath time again! Today I’ve teamed up with a fun group of Canadian bloggers to bring you 14 fabulous Fall Wreaths, including my Monogram Faux Succulent Wreath.
When I seen that Flora Craft: Make It Fun was selling faux succulents I had to craft with them. You can see I used a few in my master bedroom too! I have seen lots of hanging succulent planters on Pinterest, but with our cold climate, and my lack of a green thumb, going this route was a far better option!
Creating this project was very easy. I used a small piece of scrap plywood, 1-1×3, a sheet of Make It Fun Foam, faux succulents, dollar store filler (like berries, leaves and moss), and ribbon.
How to Make a Faux Succulent Monogram Wreath
- Trace or draw the letter on the back side of the wood (if you get any chipping on the edges of the wood it is most likely going to be on the cutting side).
- Drill a pilot hole to begin cutting with a jig saw. Cut out the letter, and sand down the edges to smooth.
- Cut the 1×3 to create a box around the frame of the plywood. Glue and nail in place.
- Paint or stain the desired color.
- Cut a styrofoam sheet to fit into the box.
- Cut a sheet of hardboard the same dimensions of the front to cover the back, and secure the foam sheet. Glue and nail in place.
- Poke succulents and filler into place, using a low temperature glue gun to secure if going to be in a high traffic area.
To hang the garden box, nail or staple a coordinating ribbon to the back side. Alternatively you can use the succulent monogram to add a unique decor piece to your fall vignette, mantle, or entryway.
I’m in love with these little succulents! I chose berries with a fall feel, but any seasonal color would coordinate with the succulents to fit the time of year. Who knows I might even change them up!
I used 15 succulents, and 3 small bunches of filler for my monogram wreath. It measures approximately 12 x 18″.
Check out a whole collection of fall wreaths
I hope you feel inspired to create something of your very own!
From the top, left to right are:
Monogram Succulent Wreath From Fynes Designs (thats me)
Check out these other Fall favourites
Happy Fall Y’all!