I’m a long time crouton lover, I love anything in salad that gives a big crunch. However, I don’t like the break your tooth crunch you get from some store boughten croutons.
While there is no way to get around having ‘healthy’ croutons, some salads just need them, and if you’re going to have them you need a delicious crouton recipe!
These homemade croutons are very easy to make, follow this simple recipe to achieve crouton greatness.
Delicious Homemade Crouton Recipe-
You will need-
- 1 garlic loaf (the ones that come pre-buttered in the tinfoil bag) look on the clearance bread rack first, dried out bread works even better.
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1/2 cup Kraft Ranch salad dressing (flavour of choice, Bacon Ranch, Three Cheese Ranch I like the best)
- Baking sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Using a bread knife, slice and dice the garlic loaf into the size cubes you prefer.
- Break the squares apart, and arrange on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Microwave a 1/2 cup of butter until melted. Add 1/2 cup of Kraft Ranch salad dressing, and stir to mix. If you like extra garlic, add a few cloves of minced garlic to the mixture also.
- Drizzle mixture over croutons and mix to coat.
- Place baking sheet in a 350 degree oven, for 15 minutes. Stir, return to oven for 10 minute intervals until browned and crispy. (make sure to set a timer,
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Add to your favourite salad or soup.
You’ll have people raving about your crouton recipe for miles around!
Doesn’t this Caesar salad look yummy? I served this to my guests at my latest back yard get-together.
These croutons are so buttery with a hint of ranch flavour.
They will keep well for a week or more in a zip-lock bag… honestly I usually just chuck them back into the tinfoil bag the loaf came in, because they never last long!
Enjoy the crunchy crouton packed full of flavour!
Be sure to check out another great summertime recipe- BBQ Grilled Pizza
Tags: ranch, recipe, salad