Hi all! My craft room is nearing the finishing touches stage. I’m so excited to start showing my projects I’ve been putting together since Christmas (where did the time go?). Today I want to share another piece of wall decor I created. I managed to make this DIY Ombre sign for $0!! I had a pice of miranti left from another project,and had the Acrylics in my stash. Add a wall hanger, and a foam brush and you’ve got the components for a fabulous sign!
Mixing the colors to achieve the ombre effect is as easy as 1,2,3. I unfortunately didn’t put my colors in the right order to take the pic but I’m sure you can manage.
My sign has a gradient of 7 colors, here is how I mixed them starting with the darkest to the lightest:
- Pure Navy (Start with Paint #1)
- Navy puls small drop of Blue Bahama (Paint #1 + 1 drop of Paint #2)
- Equal parts of Navy and Blue Bahama (half and half)
- Blue Bahama plus small drop of Navy (Paint#2 + 1 drop of Paint #1)
- Pure Blue Bahama (Paint #2)
- Blue Bahama plus small drop of white (Paint #2 +1 drop of Paint #3)
- White plus small drop of Blue Bahama (Paint #3 + 1 drop of Paint #2
- Letters pure White
Start at the bottom, painting one color at a time with a foam brush, then the next (you’ll want to have a few foam brushes on hand). To blend the lines into one another use a dry (bristle) paint brush with fast strokes. Stencil or free-hand “stitch, snap,scrap” perfect for the sewer, photographer, and scrapbooker!
Now go forth and ombre away! Thanks for dropping by today!
I’m sharing this project at: The 36th Avenue, Chic on a Shoestring Decor, Simply Designing, Tatertots and Jello, Arts Fartsy Mama
Barb Bamber (@justasmidgen1) says
Now this is just the prettiest sign.. and prettiest website I’ve seen in a while! I’m happy to meet (and follow) another Canadian! 🙂 xx
Thanks Barb, you’re site is really nice too! Not many Canadian crafters I can find
Kristy Lifenreflection says