Every chance we get my whole family crams into my moms house to stuff ourselves on her delicious fare; chat, drink, eat some more, and play card games! We love cards so much I can’t think of an occasion a deck hasn’t made an appearance. We’re not too competitive (ahem, Jaxson and BJ) we just like to have fun and keep the party going into the wee hours. After having a few hands of cards this past weekend I thought I should share my favourite group card games with you!
Great Card Games for a Crowd
- President- Honestly we call this card game asshole, call it what you will, but prepare for fun. This game can be played with as many people as you can round up. Adding in additional decks as the group grows beyond 4 players. Get directions for playing President here.
- Rummy- I think this was one of the first card games I mastered- perfect for a smaller group. Get directions for Rummy card game here.
- Skip Bo– This fun game requires a specific Skip Bo deck rather than a traditional 52 card deck. A purchase you won’t regret! Get directions for Skip Bo here.
- 45’s– You might know this as Auction 45’s or Auction 120’s, but all the same great game- Get directions for 45’s here.
- Fan Tan– This game you’ll need to have some chips on hand. Pennies or nickles work great! Get Fan Tan card game directions here.
- Cheat– Some might call this Bullshit, If you wear a poker face, this game is for you! You’ll probably want an extra deck on hand. Get Cheat card game directions here.
- Knock- This fun game is easy for any age- just get points up to 31! You’ll need chips or pennies for this card game. Get Knock card game directions here.
There you have it, my favourite group card games.
Do have any favourite card games to share?
Check out these other fun party games
Party gamesTags: card games, cards, games, party