Another holiday past, the red hearts are tucked away for this year and our house has quickly transitioned into bursts of green and lucky little leprechauns! To complete our St. Patrick’s Day look, I needed a new sign for the door, and when I had the chance to try out the new Mod Podge Rocks Stencils for glitter I knew the two had to collide!
This Leprechauns Live Here sign came together very quick, these new Mod Podge Rocks Stencils are so easy to use!
- Apply the adhesive stencil to your work area (in this case it is a small painted wooden sign from Michaels).
- Using a foam dobber or brush apply a generous coat of Mod Podge over the stencil.
- Peel away the stencil, and sprinkle glitter over the Mod Podged area. (Try not to spill the entire jar, like I did… insert face in palm here)
- Allow the Mod Podge to dry several hours, without brushing off the excess glitter.
- Gently brush off the glitter in between the lines with a small brush.
- Not a necessary step, but since my sign will be in a high traffic area I used a small brush to go over each glitter star.
I cut the letters and shamrock with the Silhouette and adhered them with my Xyron. Then I simply added a May Arts striped grosgrain ribbon around the edge of the wood frame to complete the St. Patrick’s Day sign.
All the products used in this project can be found at Michaels. Have a look for these newly released Mod Podge Rocks stencils- 6 different designs to choose from!
For more fun St. Patrick’s Day ideas, check out these posts–>