Another holiday past, the red hearts are tucked away for this year and our house has quickly transitioned into bursts of green and lucky little leprechauns! To complete our St. Patrick’s Day look, I needed a new sign for the door, and when I had the chance to try out the new Mod Podge Rocks Stencils for glitter I knew the two had to collide!
This Leprechauns Live Here sign came together very quick, these new Mod Podge Rocks Stencils are so easy to use!
Follow these simple steps to use the Mod Podge Rocks Glitter Stencils:
- Apply the adhesive stencil to your work area (in this case it is a small painted wooden sign from Michaels).
- Using a foam dobber or brush apply a generous coat of Mod Podge over the stencil.
- Peel away the stencil, and sprinkle glitter over the Mod Podged area. (Try not to spill the entire jar, like I did… insert face in palm here)
- Allow the Mod Podge to dry several hours, without brushing off the excess glitter.
- Gently brush off the glitter in between the lines with a small brush.
- Not a necessary step, but since my sign will be in a high traffic area I used a small brush to go over each glitter star.
I cut the letters and shamrock with the Silhouette and adhered them with my Xyron. Then I simply added a May Arts striped grosgrain ribbon around the edge of the wood frame to complete the St. Patrick’s Day sign.
All the products used in this project can be found at Michaels. Have a look for these newly released Mod Podge Rocks stencils- 6 different designs to choose from!
For more fun St. Patrick’s Day ideas, check out these posts–>
Tess @ Tips on Life & Love says
I love this– very cute! Where did you hang this or where would you recommend?
Thanks Tess! I have it hanging on the door that goes to our garage (the most commonly used door) Its high traffic, but that way everyone gets to see it!
Amy Anderson says
This is awesome! I really love it – so cute – perfect St. Pats Day decor! xo
Time With Thea says
This really is a fabulous craft for St. Pat’s Day and a lovely easy to follow tutorial. Making it my #pinoftheday on Google+! Thea
I love the addition of the glitter to your fun sign! Great DIY!
Dani @ lifeovereasy says
Love that! The glitter really adds a great touch.
Inspire Me Heather says
What a pretty sign and the gold sparkle looks great!