I was so excited when I was asked to join the Expressions Vinyl Ambassadors in a fun Christmas challenge. We were all given the same package of heat transfer vinyl and asked to create a stocking. The parcel included traditional holiday colors in red, green, white flocking, glitter HTV in both silver and gold, and holographic red.
Since I love traditional decor during the holidays I thought I’d whip up a faux wool sock stocking!
You may recognize the stocking a tiny bit. I used the same pattern to create our family stockings last year, see them here. The stockings are fairly easy to sew by following the pattern provided. However using heat transfer vinyl, you’ll shave off about 30 minutes per stocking. Plus, you won’t need an electronic cutter, I cut all the HTV pieces by hand!
I first cut out the grey fabric pieces and applied iron on interfacing to give the fabric a bit of stiffness. Then traced the heel, toe, and band onto the backside of the white flocked heat transfer vinyl. Then simply cut out the pieces, positioned them on the grey stocking fabric, and pressed with the iron to adhere. Find details how to use HTV on the Expressions Vinyl blog.
Doesn’t the wool sock stocking look sharp hanging from the DIY Stocking Hangers I made last year?!
To personalize the stockings I added a fabric tag with a monogram with glitter HTV, and trimmed it with red holographic vinyl. I love how the sparkle catches the light, Santa will certainly be able to find it!
These wool sock stockings were so easy to make with heat transfer vinyl!
Over at the Expressions Vinyl Facebook Page they are having a rock your stockings contest! People can upload a picture of a stocking they fancied up using vinyl! And they asked some of their favorite bloggers to get the ball rolling with some fun ideas! (You can enter to win a gift card–but I also have a gift card for $100 to Expressions Vinyl at the bottom of this post! )
Here are 18 fun stocking ideas that all have Heat transfer vinyl on them!
1. Faux wool sock from (thats me!)
2. Personalized stockings from Maybe I will
3. Gift card holder from 733 blog
4. Customized stocking from Artsy Fartsy mama
5. Stocking tag from Strawberry Mommy Cakes
6. Stocking pillow from One Krieger chick
7. Stocking shirt from Pitter and Glink
8. Stocking banner by Sugar Bee crafts
9. Boy Scout stocking from mm scrap shoppe
10. No sew from Holy craft
11. Personalized Pyjamas from Ginger snap crafts
12. DIYStockings from Mabey she made it
13. Stocking with car from Kiki Comin
14.Personalized stockings from Craftily ever after
15. Burlap Joy stocking from A girl and a glue gun
16. stocking place card from Crafting in the rain
17. Scandinavian inspired stocking from Tried and true
18. cute stocking from Flamingo Toes
Make sure to enter to win $100 gift card to Expressions Vinyl! Good Luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway