Tis’ the season for snacks and tasty delights, so today I have another quick dip that you might want to whip together for your New Years guests. I love this Sweet Thai Nacho Dip, it comes together ridiculously fast and most often I have the ingredients in the house so it doesn’t take any special planning.
Ingredients for Sweet Thai Nacho Dip:
- 1 lb. of ground meat (I always use pork, but the choice is yours)
- Cream Cheese (about 1/2 pkg) softened
- 1/2 Cup- VH Sweet Thai Chili Cooking Sauce- OR Thai Kitchen Sweet Red Chili Sauce (this one has a bit more kick)
- Grated Cheese
Follow these simple steps for this yummy in your tummy dip-
- Brown the hamburger- feel free to add a bit of spice (onion, garlic, etc.) but totally not necessary.
- Add 1/2 cup of Sweet Thai Chili cooking sauce to the browned meat, mix to coat.
- Spread softened cream cheese onto the bottom of an oven proof dish.
- Spread hamburger mixture over cream cheese layer.
- Add grated cheese to the top.
If you’re serving this right away (the meat is still hot) you’ll only need to pop it in a 350 degree oven for 5 mins to melt the cheese. If you’ve made it in advance, it will go in a 350 oven for approx. 20 mins. *I actually prefer this dip when it has cooled for a few minutes, but I’ll let you be the judge!
Now go get your dip on… and have a VERY Happy New Year! See you in 2014!!
In store for another yummy treat? Check out this Maple Brie recipe