Tis’ the season for snacks and tasty delights, so today I have another quick dip that you might want to whip together for your New Years guests. I love this Sweet Thai Nacho Dip, it comes together ridiculously fast and most often I have the ingredients in the house so it doesn’t take any special planning.
Ingredients for Sweet Thai Nacho Dip:
- 1 lb. of ground meat (I always use pork, but the choice is yours)
- Cream Cheese (about 1/2 pkg) softened
- 1/2 Cup- VH Sweet Thai Chili Cooking Sauce- OR Thai Kitchen Sweet Red Chili Sauce (this one has a bit more kick)
- Grated Cheese
Follow these simple steps for this yummy in your tummy dip-
- Brown the hamburger- feel free to add a bit of spice (onion, garlic, etc.) but totally not necessary.
- Add 1/2 cup of Sweet Thai Chili cooking sauce to the browned meat, mix to coat.
- Spread softened cream cheese onto the bottom of an oven proof dish.
- Spread hamburger mixture over cream cheese layer.
- Add grated cheese to the top.
If you’re serving this right away (the meat is still hot) you’ll only need to pop it in a 350 degree oven for 5 mins to melt the cheese. If you’ve made it in advance, it will go in a 350 oven for approx. 20 mins. *I actually prefer this dip when it has cooled for a few minutes, but I’ll let you be the judge!
Serve the sweet thai dip with nacho chips of choice, and let your guests dig in!
Now go get your dip on… and have a VERY Happy New Year! See you in 2014!!
In store for another yummy treat? Check out this Maple Brie recipe
Tags: appetizers, dips, party food, recipe, snacks, Thai