Don’t let me scare you away by using the word painting. This is the EASIEST painting you’ll ever do, it will leave you feeling like a pro!
The silhouette sketch pens are the secret to this ultra easy Holiday Mason jar watercolour painting.
If you haven’t used the silhouette sketch pens with your cameo your totally missing out on a fabulous feature! With the help of May Arts Ribbon and Scrapbook Adhesives this plain ol’ drawing can become a work of rustic art!
Follow these simple steps to create this Mason Jar Watercolour Artwork:
- Use your Silhouette plus your silhouette sketch pens to create the mason jar drawing (provided below), on a small piece of watercolour paper (you can get inexpensive pieces at Michaels). Check out this Mason Jar sketch tutorial for some great tips.
- Gather your supplies- watercolour paint in blue, green, and brown (quality doesn’t matter, just Crayola is fine), May Arts burlap twine, and red pom-pom ribbon, and Scrapbook Adhesive dotz, two paintbrushes, and a needle.
- I have no painting skills so my technique is probably very poor, but you can refer to this “How to Approach Watercolour” if you’d like some actual tips. I used one brush to paint the jar with water, and then slowly added blue with the other, brushing more water over areas that I wanted lighter. Then I used a fine tip brush to fill the branches in with brown.
- Cut pom-poms from the May Arts ribbon and attach the berries using Scrapbook Adhesive dotz.
- Use a needle to poke a hole on either side of the rim of the Mason. Thread the burlap string through and tie in a bow.
- Add your watercolour painting to a frame, and you have yourself a beautiful piece of Holiday Art, perfect for a gift or to spruce up your home!
Please enjoy this Silhouette sketch pen drawing I created.
Download the Mason Jar image HERE
Check out these other FREE Silhouette Holiday projects
Let it Snow Cut File
Reindeer Games Cut File
Christmas Card Cut Files
Thats not all, this is part of a Ribbonista blog hop! Please hop along, and leave a comment below to win a fabulous prize from May Arts and Scrapbook adhesives. We’ll be sharing projects all week long, be sure to check the May Arts blog for the next stop! **Contest Closed**
Latrice MurphyTags: Cameo, Christmas, Christmas decor, Christmas DIY, christmas gifts, diy, Holiday Decor, Holiday decorations, holiday DIY, May Arts Ribbon, Scrapbooking, Silhouette, Silhouette sketch pens, watercolour, watercolour beginners